Thursday, April 24, 2008

Finally, We've Come in the House

And so it begins. Since long back in the day, I mean, we were still using quills, ya know? I always thought, man, this stuff needs disemmination, it needs to be seen - at least some of it, by maybe a few people. But at the back of my mind, just under the level of consciousness, I wanted anonymity. Or if not to be fully anonymous, perhaps the appreciation for my words would be recognized posthumously. JEEZ - that's a morbid thought, but you see, everything that has historically compelled me to put words on paper, to articulate the confoundments and practice self-expression much more effectively than anything that I could ever do verbally, has been rooted in some type of sticky sacharrin romantic goo. Oh sure, there has been and continues to be lots of diverse subject matter from the personal to the public, political and cultural, funny and infuriating, but the only junk that I ever had the arrogant audacity to think was actually good prose, would always be the gooey muck that most people try to rinse off as quickly as possible. So now, this is going to be more of a challenge than it would seem, because the attempt here will be to entertain, hopefully to educate, maybe to opine, to show off, possibly to steer folks towards some of the things that I have found that could be interesting, useful, fun and even lucrative. In other words, you just never know what you may find here, and hey, neither do I. Rock On!

No comments: