Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Is Etiquette Dead?

I know, who has time to write thank-you notes anymore, right? With texting and voice mail, email and stuff, communications have changed drastically in just the last few years. But its actually texting and email and stuff that I'm talking about! I have been discussing this with friends and everyone seems to agree (and admits a little bit of guilt in the matter, also) that nobody ever seems to even have time to acknowledge, much less respond to, emails, texts, and voice mails, even when you, as the sender, would really like to have some dialogue about that subject pretty soon, dangit! (Yes, Mom, I know, I know - ) Anyway, could this be considered an all-out deterioration of the level of interactive etiquette in our society at large? I think it gives the idea credit. Any thoughts out there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an acknowledgement--I'll comment when I have time--:-)

gbs said...

Acknowledgments are exactly what I believe should be all that's really necessary when communicating this way, too. People don't have to write essays back and forth, just "I hear ya."