Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Still Moving!

Ok, so I finally have a couple of minutes to comment on the whole buying a house and moving thing.  Bottom line... it's incredible! It's also somewhat surreal... I feel like somehow I've taken a step into adulthood - weird! I've always wanted to have a place of my own that I could paint and decorate however I wanted (I used to want to be an interior decorator when I was younger); although, I guess I thought it would happen under different circumstances. I never really pictured myself buying a one-bedroom house... in my head it was more the  3-bedroom house purchased with my husband for a growing family, but life doesn't always happen the way you picture it, ya know?

Back to the decorating thing... it's a slow process with lots of projects that keep popping up unexpectedly. Fortunately, I have friends who are willing to help! They know who they are! Right now I feel like I'm living in a Tetris game... I just kind of shuffle things around, unable to actually put everything in the proper place... because now everything actually has a place!... still, I can't put things where they're supposed to go until I get everything painted because I know I'll just have to move them and dust them off again. AAAARGH! The frustration!

But even as slow as the process may be, there is something to be said for progress.  There is definitely a sense of accomplishment in making the bare room that was there in the beginning become the warm, crisp, swanky living room I've always wanted... seeing the image that was in my head materialize into what I get to walk into every day is pretty cool!

No comments: